DUBLIN, April 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The «Cement Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026» report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global cement market reached a volume of 4.91 Billion Tons in 2020. Cement refers to a binding material widely used for construction purposes that is manufactured by grinding a mixture of clay and limestone. Numerous other materials, such as shale, clay, slate, chalk, silica sand, iron ore and blast furnace slag, are heated at high temperatures to form a rock-like substance that is grounded into fine powder to form cement. Characterized by a grey color, it is mixed with water to form a hard mass that is used as an adhesive for masonry. Depending upon its ability to set in the presence of water, cement is largely bifurcated into two kinds – hydraulic and non-hydraulic. While hydraulic cement sets due to the chemical reaction between water and the dry ingredients, non-hydraulic cement offers optimal resistance against chemicals by reacting with the carbon dioxide in the environment.
The market for cement is primarily driven by a significant rise in construction activities across the globe. Owing to rapid population expansion, there has been a substantial rise in the need for residential spaces, which has facilitated the construction of housing complexes. The development of mega infrastructure projects around the world, especially in emerging economies, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. For instance, prominent infrastructural projects, such as the construction of Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai and the South-North Water Transfer Project in China, are expected to significantly bolster the sales of cement. In line with this, governments of various countries across the globe are investing heavily to enhance the existing infrastructure, which is projected to further contribute to the market growth.
Growing environmental concerns, coupled with technological advancements in the production process, is also driving the market toward growth. For instance, the inclusion of thermal energy in the manufacturing of cement ensures a low carbon footprint, owing to which it is being widely adopted by the manufacturers. Additionally, an enhanced focus toward sustainable development has resulted in shifting preference toward green construction. Escalating demand for green buildings has led to an increase in the sales of sustainable and green cement as it minimizes CO2 emissions generated during their production. The increasing purchasing power of the consumers and industrialization are some of the other factors that are expected to create a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the publisher expects the global cement market to exhibit moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Breakup by Type:
Among these, blended cement represents the most preferred type.
Breakup by End Use:
At present, the residential segment exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Currently, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market, accounting for the majority of the total market share.
The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
Some of these players are:
- CNBM International Corporation
- Anhui Conch Cement Co., Ltd.
- Jidong Development Group Co., Ltd.
- LafargeHolcim Ltd
- HeidelbergCement AG
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cement market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global cemnet market?
- What are the key end use segments in the industry?
- What are the key product types in the industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
- What are the profit margins in the industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- How is cement manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a cement manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for cement?
- What are the transportation requirements for cement?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a cement manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a cement manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.3.1 Primary Sources
2.3.2 Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Cement Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Volume Trends
5.2.2 Value Trends
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Price Analysis
5.4.1 Key Price Indicators
5.4.2 Price Structure
5.4.3 Margin Analysis
5.5 Market Breakup by Region
5.6 Market Breakup by Type
5.7 Market Breakup by End-Use
5.8 Market Forecast
5.9 SWOT Analysis
5.10 Value Chain Analysis
5.10.2 Primary Processors
5.10.4 Large Construction Firms and Exports
5.10.5 Retailers and Departmental Stores
5.11 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.11.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.11.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.11.4 Degree of Competition
5.11.5 Threat of New Entrants
5.11.6 Threat of Substitutes
5.12 Key Market Drivers and Success Factors
6 Performance of Key Regions
6.1 Asia Pacific
6.1.1 Market Trends
6.1.2 Market Forecast
6.2 North America
6.2.1 Market Trends
6.2.2 Market Forecast
6.3.1 Market Trends
6.3.2 Market Forecast
6.4 Latin America
6.4.1 Market Trends
6.4.2 Market Forecast
6.5 Middle East and Africa
6.5.1 Market Trends
6.5.2 Market Forecast
7 Market by Type
7.1.1 Market Trends
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.2.1 Market Trends
7.2.2 Market Forecast
7.3.1 Market Trends
7.3.2 Market Forecast
8 Market by End-Use
8.1.1 Market Trends
8.1.2 Market Forecast
8.2.1 Market Trends
8.2.2 Market Forecast
8.3.1 Market Trends
8.3.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
9.1 Market Structure
9.2 Production Capacities of Key Players
10 Cement Manufacturing Process
10.1 Product Overview
10.2 Detailed Process Flow
10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
11.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
11.3 Plant Layout
11.4 Plant Machinery
11.5 Machinery Pictures
11.6 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
11.7 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
11.8 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
11.9 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
11.10 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
11.11 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
11.12 Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
13.5 Income Projections
13.6 Expenditure Projections
13.7 Financial Analysis
13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles
14.1 CNBM International Corporation
14.2 LafargeHolcim Ltd
14.3 Anhui Conch Cement Co., Ltd.
14.4 Jidong Development Group Co., Ltd.
14.5 HeidelbergCement AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wfer0a
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets